Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic But Prepared!

I'm burning a path to the mailbox but no I-171H yet! It's still early. I'm thinking it will come between this Friday & next Friday. We'll see!

Our agency's Moscow team would like us to meet Baby Jill before the summer shut down in mid-July. We're thinking a meeting on July 1st or July 8th. Of course, that means we'd need that pesky I-171H in hand before we can travel. Being the forever optimist, I've reserved plane tickets (for the July 1st date) and a hotel for us just in case! American Airlines flies direct from Chicago to Moscow. It's a 10 1/2 hour flight but you cannot beat the direct route! We're "on hold" to leave June 28th, arriving June 29th. I wanted to leave on June 29th but the difference in ticket prices was so vast it just made financial sense to go a day early. Being the all-American girl I am, I reserved us a room at the Marriott Courtyard vs. trying a Russian hotel. If all goes as planned, we'd meet Baby Jill on July 1st, see her again on July 2nd and arrive home on July 3rd. Just a quick jump across the pond! With this timetable, we could be on track to have Baby Jill home for Labor Day weekend fun at the lake. Again, this all hinges on getting the form so we'll continue to be prepared but patiently waiting.

Come on I-171H!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you have decided to make another adoption blog about you getting your little girl.

This is all happening so fast. I'm sure your heads are spinning - but in a good way!

Can't wait to read updates.