We arrived in Moscow Wednesday after a pretty easy 8 hour flight. You gotta’ love a direct flight from Chicago! After collecting our 50 pound suitcase full of gifts, we went straight to the orphanage and Baby Jill. She looks great! Her rash is much better and she’s standing up on her own and she just acts like a different child. She is much happier and involved in the play which is quite a relief. After playing with Jill and handing over our gifts, we checked in to the Marriott Courtyard, grabbed a quick bite and went straight to sleep. We were exhausted! Despite having bulk head seats, neither of us slept much on the plane so by the time we hit the bed, we’d been up more than 24 hours.Today, Thursday, was our day in court. Vlad picked us up along with Jules and David, another adopting family from our agency. Jules and David are adopting a cutie little girl, Clare, and live just outside of St. Louis. We were here on together on trip 1 and the moms (and Aunt Jill) will travel together on trip 3. We are having fun sharing this journey with them! Anyway, back to court… The courthouse was exceptionally nice - so different from Saratov or Arkalyk! It could have been a courthouse in any large U.S. city. The judge, a female, was easy on us. The 20-minute hearing felt good and exciting versus intimidating. In the end, the judge declared us parents of Anara Jill Giddens and wished us well. So, now we are officially a family of five: a one year old, two year old and three year old! And, I have a little girl!!!!!

Vlad directed Tim and I to a great pizza joint for lunch and from there we took the Metro (subway) to visit Jill again. During this visit, we took her out of the orphanage to a photo shop for her U.S. passport pictures. She was really curious about all the cars and people, not scared, just curious. Her eyes took it all in and her head was moving around not missing a thing. She may be the quite/observant type. Afterwards, we spent over two hours hanging out with Jill. We tried to entice her with Gerber Puffs. Not interested! Oh no… not another picky eater!
For our Florida buddies: We now join Pete in eating crackers in bed! Picked up cheese, crackers & grapes, along with a few beers, and ate in bed while watching the Hallmark Channel. Yes. We are hard up for entertainment tonight! It’s raining here and walking out to eat just didn’t appeal to us tonight.
We’ll see Jill again in the morning before catching our flights back to St. Louis. It’s been a quick but successful trip!
Paka, paka from Russia!



8 comments:
Congratulations!!!
I've only hit the refresh button about 25 times this morning.
The pics of Jill are terrific! She looks so much better, you can tell that she feels better.
So happy that the trip is going well. Cannot believe that you will be home tomorrow already.
I'll have to tell Pete that his late night eating habits have caught on... At least it's not seafood salad and you are sleeping in your own crumbs...
Katie
Congrats! I too have been checking the site all day. I am so glad everything went smoothly. We can't wait until you bring her home.
Beth
I can not wait to meet her! She looks so happy in these pictures. The boys will be excited to see their new baby sister when they wake up from their naps.
Aunt Jill
If only you got a dollar for each time I clicked on your blog link to hear about news! Oh, Sherri, I am SO excited for you and she is so precious! I can tell that she's going to fit right in to your family and that all she needs is a boxer to wash her faces with smoochies and life will be complete. Don't you think she totally looks like a boxer lover? You should see Mia and Blake play together. They are so in love with each other :) Have a safe journey back, love, hugs and paka! Tamara
This is so great. I am so happy for you guys. She looks amazing and so happy. Cant wait to meet her!
Amanda
So happy to hear that everything went so well. She looks so happy, can't wait until you are back to bring her home!
I am so happy for you, Tim, and the boys!! I smiled from ear to ear as I read this last post. Your joy just oozes from it! I know you must be thrilled. I can't help but think back to a post from your original Journey for Jill when you went into the room hoping to find the perfect little girl for your family and instead found the perfect little boy. Everything always happens for a reason and now, a year later, the story is complete! God is good!
Becca
Congrats!! She's gorgeous!! Can't wait to hear more.
Post a Comment